Home About Me Classroom Cookies Facebook Email Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Saturday, August 11, 2012

DE-STRESSING WITH MINNIE

We were finally able to get in to our classrooms this past Wednesday.  Woo-hoo!  So...I went to bed Tuesday night all gung-ho telling myself I was going to get up early and get in to my classroom as soon as they opened the doors (which was 7:00am).  Umm...yeah right!  Not only did I get there at 9:30, I didn't get anything done!  Oh, you know how it goes...you see your colleagues after three months and you just have to catch up!  I think I spent two hours just walking around and visiting.  Ha!

I went back on Thursday after attending a two hour training and got a little work done.  Yesterday was a little better but they kicked us all out asked us to leave at 3:00pm.  People!  Don't you understand there is just so much to do?  Anyway...having to leave at 3:00 really stressed me out!!  Our official day back to work is on the 16th and I wanted to get my classroom completely organized and decorated before then.  Aargh!!

Well...nothing I could do about it!  So, I went home and started on a cookie project (Yay!  My first post about cookies!)...a Minnie Mouse cookie bouquet for a first birthday party.  I don't know why, but decorating cookies is a real stress reliever for me.

Here's how everything turned out.

Minnie Mouse 
Close-up
H is for Hailey who is turning 1
Close-up of Hs, 1s and flowers
All done!
Arranging cookies into a bouquet is not easy.  I could use some lessons from a florist!

Well...thanks to "Minnie" I was able to de-stress.  I'll be back in my classroom on Monday and will share pictures as soon as it's all done!!

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Those are so stinkin' cute...WOW! You are an amazing cookie chef! =)

    I am happy to be a new follower to your blog and a Texas teacher too! If you get the chance I would love for you to hop over and visit me...I am having a HUGE give away very soon! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather!! How cool is it that we are both in Texas?! Do you teach 1st grade too? Thanks so much for becoming a follower. I'll be sure to check out your page!!

      Delete